These Mac n Cheese Muffins are a healthy spin on a kid-favorite. Since they’re fun to eat and packed with flavor, kids won’t even know they’re filled with veggies!
Mac n Cheese Muffins
By: Produce for Kids®
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 347
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 40.5g
- Sodium: 497mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 20.5g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
Recipe type: Lunchbox Ideas
- ¾ medium sweet onion
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 4 broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded lowfat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 box (14.5 oz.) whole wheat macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Puree onion, carrots and broccoli in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Mix cheddar, mozzarella, egg, butter and olive oil in large bowl. Add cooked macaroni, vegetables and ½ cup bread crumbs. Stir until just incorporated.
- Spoon mixture evenly into greased muffin pan. Sprinkle remaining bread crumbs on top and bake 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
• ½ cup cherry mixed fruit salad
• ½ cup carrots and cucumbers, sliced
• 1 blended fruit pouch
*Nutritional information is for complete meal with suggested sides.