This easy bento box is a new spin on your favorite sandwich and chips lunch. Kids will love the fun sandwich kebobs and these homemade beet chips are much healthier than bagged potato chips!
Sandwich Kebobs Bento Box
By: Produce for Kids
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 69g
- Sugar: 30g
- Sodium: 444mg
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 23g
Recipe type: Lunchbox Ideas
- 1 large beet, peeled, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, cut into small squares
- ½ cucumber, sliced lengthwise to create 4 ribbons
- 4 NatureFresh™ Farms grape tomatoes
- 2 slices low-sodium ham, cut in half
- 4 cubes low-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Place beets on parchment-lined baking sheet, brush with oil, sprinkle with salt
- Bake 20 minutes or until edges start to brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Assemble sandwich kebobs with bread, cucumber, tomatoes, ham and cheese.
1 pkg. Crispy Green® Freeze-Dried Fruit
1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt