These “sushi” rolls are a fun way for kids to eat their veggies and protein. Pair with extra fruits and veggies on the side for a balanced, healthy lunchbox!
Turkey Veggie "Sushi"
By: Produce for Kids®
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 512
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 73g
- Sodium: 598mg
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 22g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
Recipe type: Lunchbox Ideas
- 1 (9-inch) spinach tortilla
- 2 Tbsp. Ranch dressing
- 3 slices lowfat deli turkey breast
- ½ cup rice, cooked
- ¼ cup carrots, grated
- 2 slices seedless cucumber, peeled, cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup lettuce, cut into thin strips
- 1 tomato slice, cut into thin strips
- 1 slice lowfat cheddar cheese, cut into strips
- Heat tortilla in microwave on HIGH 15 seconds.
- Coat tortilla with dressing. Layer turkey slices on top. Add rice onto ½ of turkey; press down to flatten. Layer carrots, cucumber, lettuce, tomato and cheese in a line on top.
- Roll tortilla around rice and veggies; cut into 2-inch pieces.
• ½ cup grape tomatoes
• ½ cup raspberries and strawberries
• A glass of 100% fruit juice
*Nutritional information is for complete meal with suggested sides.